The end to a great summer day is a steak on the grill…. followed by a cold beer. I’ve never made a tough steak, and I’ll tell you my little secrets. Shhhhh…. lol.
You have to beat a steak up and then marinate it for at least an hour before you cook it. Trust me….
There are way to many types of steaks and different sizes to give you exact instructions, but you cant go wrong if you just remove the thawed steak from its wrapping, salt and pepper it well and repeatedly stab both sides. Yes you can use a tenderizer, but frankly I prefer the folk. (Now dont mutilate the steak but give it a good poking.)
- 4 tablespoons of olive or veg oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or powdered garlic
- 1 teaspoon steak rub or Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of either balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Get a gallon zip lock baggie, toss all the ingredients inside, give it a shake, and then place your steaks inside.
- Try to get most of the air out and zip it shut. Squish the steaks around until they have all gotten the marinade on every piece.
- Place in the refrigerator. This amount should do about 2-4 steaks depending on their size. If you need more …. just add more.
- Now marinate for at LEAST one hour, and up to 10hrs but no longer. .( because if you do it longer then 10 hrs the protein starts breaking down turning the steak to mush.)
- Heat up that grill and cook to your liking …. then have a beer for me 🙂 Ahhhh…..summer !!!