I love to make my own Alfredo Sauce, it just doesn’t taste right out of a jar. You can toss it on top of fettuccine with chicken, shrimp, and steamed veggies. Not all Alfredo sauces are created equal, I want it thick and rich. If Im going to eat something a little on the fattening side you better damn well make sure it tastes good…. and I mean GOOD. So I love the Olive Garden’s Alfredo… to the point where Im using my fingers in a restaurant to clean off the bottom of the bowl. About a year ago I ran across a recipe for this creamy white heavenly sauce and it indeed tasted just like Olive Gardens. So if you have the same weakness for Alfredo as I, then here it is…… enjoy !!!
- 1 pint of heavy cream
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a saucepan combine butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese.
- Simmer this until all is melted, and mixed well.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and Garlic powder.
- Simmer this for 15 to 20 minutes on low. You may wish to season with a little salt and pepper.