I love making quiche. It’s so easy and it can be used for any meal, plus it tastes good for days. The best part is you can use whatever ingredients you want ….. I havent made a quiche I didnt like !!
Ingredients: (the first few ingredients can be whatever you want them to be)
- 1 lb broccoli (if using frozen then thaw and cook) or use spinach
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 strips of bacon or 1/2 cup of ham
- 5 eggs beaten well ….. you can use 4 eggs but 5 is better
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 cup whole milk, or cream
- 1 cup cubed or shredded cheese ( I prefer swiss but have used cheddar also )
- salt and pepper
- nutmeg (optional)
- pie crust ( the already made crust in the refrigerated section of the store )
- Preheat oven to 375
- Fry up bacon until crispy. Set aside on paper towels. If using ham instead use 2 tablespoons of butter to fry it with.
- Use left over grease/butter in pan to saute the chopped onion.
- Steam broccoli until cooked but firm.
- Roll out the pie crust into the pan, pinch the edges.
- Now crumble the bacon/ or ham into the bottom of the pie shell, and then scatter the onion on top of the bacon/ham.
- Now cover the bottom with the cheese and lay the broccoli on top of the cheese.
- Beat the 5 eggs, flour and milk together well then pour into the pie shell.
- Salt and pepper the top and sprinkle on a little nutmeg.
- Pop in the oven for 40-45 minutes until top is golden brown or until you can stick a fork in and it comes out dry.