So every once in awhile I get tired of cooking and eating the same damn things over and over. I hadn’t made a brisket in quite some time, so I thought it sounded good. That delicious pink meat with those mouth watering veggies….. yum. The Irish love to make this all the time, the Americans seem to only make it around St. Patty’s day. (guilty) But I sometimes will make it when I remember how good it is, and how easy it is to make. Here is my easy crock pot recipe ……..
- Between 5-7 lb Brisket
- 2 cups of water
- 5-6 carrots
- 3-4 big potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 3 tbsp of butter
- salt and pepper
- Set the crock pot to High if you want it done in 5-6hrs, or low if you want it ready in 8-10hrs.
- Poor the water in the bottom, and add inch chopped carrots.
- If the brisket has the small pickling spice pack then add half of that now.
- Place the brisket on top of the carrots. (I had to cut my brisket in half to fit in my pot)
- Cut up the potatoes in nice big chunks and add around the brisket
- Chop up the onion and scatter on top
- Cut the cabbage into 5-6 big wedges and place on top.
- Now salt and pepper a little, throw the butter pats on top and if you have the spice pack sprinkle the last half on now.
- Close the lid and forget about it until its time to eat ….. Enjoy !!!!