So it’s already October … but the weather hasn’t gotten that cold yet. So I am still enjoying grilling out. Last night I tried a new steak marinade and I loved it. Its great for fall and you don’t need steak sauce. I usually love steak sauce but not with this recipe. Plus it leaves you with an open bottle of wine …. so drink that with your steak 🙂
- 2 inch thick or more steaks (tenderized a little so pound them a bit)
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of rosemary and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 clove of garlic or teaspoon of minced garlic
- Place all ingredients in a large zip lock baggie
- Shake well and then place the steaks in the baggie moving around until covered.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 6 hours.
- Place on the grill and welcome to heaven 🙂