Most people already know how to make sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, ect …. but one cookie that is soft and absolutely yummy are Italian Cookies. This type of Italian Cookies are easy and not seen much these days. So I feel it is necessary for me to get the recipe back out there ….. enjoy and Happy Holidays !!!
- 1 cup soft butter (not melted just soft)
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 15 ounces of ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Holiday sprinkles and lots of them 🙂
- In a bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add ricotta and vanilla and blend well.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a separate bowl and mix, then slowly add to the wet mix.
- The final mix will be somewhat sticky.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the mix about 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets or on parchment paper (not wax paper)
- Bake at 350* for 11-12 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Remove to either wire racks or wax paper on counter-top to cool.
- In a bowl cream butter and sugar with the vanilla as you slowly add milk.
- Mix until the icing is spreadable.
- You can now add food coloring to separate small portions or just leave white.
- Once the cookies are cooled, add icing.
- Place sprinkles on a plate and dip the icing side cookies into the sprinkles.
- Store inan airtight container in a cool area or fridge …. or just pour yourself some milk and eat them all 🙂