It’s that time of year … and the only time I make a ham 🙂 It’s a childhood favorite for me.
- 1 (10-14 lb) bone in ham
- 1/2 cup of whole cloves
- 1 (20 ounce can) of pineapple rings in heavy syrup
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle of 7-up, sprite, or lemon-lime soda
- 1 (4 ounce) jar of maraschino cherries
- Preheat the oven to 325*
- Place ham in a roasting pan. Slice the rind of the ham with a diamond pattern. Press a clove into the center of each diamond. Drain the juice from the pineapple rings into a medium bowl, and stir in the brown sugar and lemon-lime soda. Coat the ham with this mixture. Arrange the pineapple rings over the outside of the ham. Place a maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple ring, and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake uncovered for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours depending on the ham size, basting frequently . Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Remove toothpicks before serving.Enjoy !!!