I just was given this recipe and haven’t tried it yet but I have every intention on trying it this weekend…. if I don’t like it (yea right) I will take the post off …. if I like it as much as I like the liquid Lemon Drops then I may have found my new diet 🙂
- 8 large lemons
- 2 packages of lemon Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup lemon Vodka
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup white sugar for dipping
- muffin pan/pans
- Cut the lemons in half, lengthwise and use a spoon to core out the lemons – don’t tear the skins !! (squeeze the pulp and save the juice)
- Boil up 1 cup of water
- In a large bowl combined 1 cup boiling water and 2 boxes of jello together… stir until well dissolved.
- Now add the vodka, lemon juice, and cold water. Stir well.
- Place lemon peels in the muffin pans so you may fill peels up with liquid.
- Fill lemon cup peels to the top but not overflowing.
- Place in fridge for at least 4 hrs to harden.
- Once firm run a sharp smooth knife under hot water and slice lemons to make cute little lemon wedges.
- Place sugar on a plate and dip slices (both sides) in sugar right before giving the shots.
You can do this with limes as well using lime Jello and Lime Vodka …. come on summer !!!!!