This is a quick easy dinner that tastes even better the next day. I cut the recipe in half because there was just too much left over but if your feeding more than two people just double the recipe. I also make garlic bread when I make this … it compliments it nicely.
- 1/2 pound of rotini, ziti, bow ties or any think short pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken cubed ( I buy tenders and chop after I cook them )
- 1 pound frozen veg mix – (I use broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot mix) you can use fresh too if you steam them slightly before mixing in with the sauce. I also saute grape tomato halves if i have them and add as well. Just use what veggies you like 🙂
- 4oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Boil pasta according to package.
- Heat oil in skillet and cook chicken on med-high until there is no more pink.
- Remove chicken from pan and empty juice, on low to med heat melt cream cheese and stir is milk and Italian dressing whisk all lumps until creamy and thickened, ( about 8 minutes) add chicken cubes and turn heat off or leave on lowest setting stirring occasional.
- Steam vegetables until thawed, drain and mix into cream sauce.
- Let cool at least three minutes and stir well again, serve and top with fresh Parmesan cheese …. enjoy 🙂
- Drain pasta well and mix pasta and cream sauce with chicken and vegetables in a large bowl.