In the fall my addiction to everything Apple, Cinnamon, Pumpkin, and Sweet Potato is evident in my kitchen. I recently made pork chops in my crock pot (which Ive only done once before) and was extremely pleased with the results …. and the taste. So for all my fellow fall lovers and harvest color food enthusiasts I recommend you try this …. not only is it very simple its also deliciousness without a messy kitchen 🙂
- 4 to 6 medium to thick pork chops (I prefer boneless)
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 to 3 Green Granny Apples
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 3 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/2 cup water (apple juice or cider can be used as well)
- dash of Cinnamon
- dash of Nutmeg
- dash of ground Clove (optional)
- Few pats of Butter
- Turn on your Crock to either low for 6hrs or high for 4hrs
- Put the olive oil in a large skillet, on medium to high heat sear the pork chops on both sides to seal in the juice and keep them tender.
- Place pork chops in the bottom of the Crock Pot.
- Peel and chop apples into cubes or slices.
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes into thick wedges or large cubes.(they should be thick so they stay a little firm and not turn to mush)
- In a small bowl mix water(or juice) with the brown sugar and dash of spices. (you may add more water or spices if you would like)
- Toss apples and potatoes and raisins in a bowl with the sugar mixture and pour over pork chops.
- Throw a few pats of butter on top of the apples and potatoes once in the pot, and sprinkle additional spices and salt and pepper if you prefer. (which I do)
Put the lid on and forget about it until its time to eat 🙂