Ok …. well maybe they aren’t really “FAMOUS” but they are with my friends and that’s good enough for me 🙂 Make them once and if you don’t think they are the best damn oatmeal cookie you ever had then tell me about it and I’ll change the title !!
- 3/4 cup spiced Rum (if you want them kid friendly use apple cider)
- 1 cup Raisins
- 3 large eggs , well beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon plain Applesauce
- 1 cup room temp Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar ( I use light but dark can be used also)
- 1 cup white Sugar
- 2-1/2 cups regular Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda ( make sure its not old and hard)
- 2 cups Oatmeal
- 3/4 cup chopped Pecans
- In a small bowl soak Raisins in the rum for at least 4hrs … over night is better. (do not refrigerate)
This is a very important second step that makes the cookie: drain the raisins and add to combine eggs, applesauce and vanilla and let stand for one hour.
- Cream butter and sugars together until well blended.
Add flour, salt, cinnamon and soda and mix well.
Blend in egg-raisin mixture, oatmeal, and chopped nuts.
Dough should be stiff. Add a tad more oatmeal and flour if it is not stiff enough.
Drop heaping teaspoons onto un-greased cookie sheet, or roll into balls and flatten slightly.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.Do not put in containers until cookies have completely cooled … enjoy !!