I love salads, and I eat one almost every day. So being creative and learning to make several different kinds is how I stay interested. I dont do the boring “house salad” …. ever. This recipe makes 2 lunch size salads, for dinner salad just add more of all the ingredients.
- 1 large cooked chicken breast cut in strips or cubed
- 2 hand fulls of mixed greens or baby spinach
- 1 Bosc Pear
- 1/4 cup walnut halves, or shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup Gorgonzola Cheese crumbles
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Seedless Raspberry Jam
- Put 2 tablespoons of raspberry jam and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar into a small bowl , whisk until jam has all liquified. (if you like more or less dressing then just adjust using equal parts.)
- Place in microwave for 30 seconds, take out whisk again and set aside.
- Take greens wash, dry, and place into medium bowl .
- Take the pear and cut into slices, then half the slices for smaller pieces. Then add to bowl with greens.
- Add nuts to bowl with greens.
- Take the dressing mixture whisk again, and pour into the bowl and toss well.
- Separate the salad into 2 separate salad dishes.
- Top with chicken and Gorgonzola cheese and serve.