Now that I am living in Maryland on the Chesapeake Bay half of the year, I find myself liking crab a tad more. Im still not a big “picker” but I do enjoy lump crab to add to soups , dips, and stuffings. I think crab dip has to be one of my favorites …. I usually don’t even want to share. I do truly believe that your only making it right if you are making it from a Maryland recipe.
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 8 0z of plain cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder (do not use garlic salt)
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 3/4 cup sharp, or reg cheddar cheese ( I use sharp )
- Old Bay or J. O. ‘s seasoning
Mix together sour cream, onion, Worcestershire, mustard, garlic powder, lemon juice, and cream cheese. Mix really well.
Fold in cheddar cheese and lump crabmeat. ( Save just a little cheese to sprinkle on top )
Spoon mixture into an oven safe dish and sprinkle top with some cheese, plus J. O. or Old Bay Seasoning.
- Bake at 325 * for 35 minutes uncovered.
Serve in a small bread bowl or just in the dish with crackers or toasted breads ….. enjoy !!!