This chicken can be kept as a whole chicken breast or shredded to make tacos, enchiladas,on nachos, or my favorite quesadillias . It has a GREAT flavor and you can add how much hot you desire. I make this all the time. It also freezes well if you make a large amount. I love this stuff …..
- 1 – 16oz jar of your favorite salsa ( fresh salsa can be used but the flavor isnt as strong )
- 1 – package of taco seasoning (mild or hot )
- 2 limes juiced
- 3 tablespoons of fresh chopped cilantro – ( add jalapenos too if you like spicy )
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Thats it !!!
- Place the salsa, taco seasoning, lime juice, and cilantro into a slow cooker, and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts to the bottom, and coat with the salsa mixture.
- Cover the cooker, set to High, and cook until the chicken is very tender, about 4 hours. Or, set cooker to Low and cook 6 to 8 hours. Shred chicken with 2 forks put back in the crock pot juices and stir. Leave on warm for 20 minutes then serve or leave whole and enjoy it with Mexican rice !!