Chicken Piccata is easy to make and it is so good for being so simple. If you enjoy chicken and lemon this a definite must try. Its also good for anyone staying away from carbs. This dish can have many sides from asparagus, to rice or just a side salad.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- flour for dredging
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons real butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons of capers
- 5 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley * optional*
- Season the flour with salt and pepper, and slice the chicken breasts in half , long ways to get cutlets.
- Dredge the chicken slices in the seasoned flour. Shake off.
- Heat (on medium) the oil, garlic and butter in a heavy frying pan, and add the chicken pieces to the pan.
Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side over medium heat, until the chicken is lightly browned and cooked through.
- Keep the chicken warm while you prepare the sauce by placing it on a plate covered with foil.
- Add the wine to the pan and cook over high heat until reduced by half. This can take up to 10- 15 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and chicken broth to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the butter and using a whisk blend it into the sauce.
- Stir in the capers and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Return all of the cooked chicken to the frying pan, and heat in the sauce.
Serve hot. Enjoy !!