If you have never had spaghetti squash … don’t knock it until you try it. I love it. It is delicious if cooked properly and stuffed with the right stuffs. I made this dish recently and I plan on making this a again and again !! I didnt put specific amounts in this recipes because some people will want more or less and it wont matter how much you add 🙂
- 2 medium spaghetti squash (or just 1 if serving just 2 people)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- your favorite marinara sauce
- your favorite meatballs ( I make mine smaller for this dish )
- Parmesan cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400*
- Cut squash in half. Be careful it has very tough skin. (microwave for 2 minutes if you are having a hard time )
- Scoop out all the seeds and pulp leaving a very thick wall.
- Rub inside and out with olive oil. (Just enough to coat dont go crazy or it will get soggy)
- Generously salt and pepper the squash
- Place on a cookie sheet face up in the oven for 45 minutes (this gives you time to make meatballs:) )
- When done remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. (You MUST let it cool! )
- Take a fork and scrap in all directions to make spaghetti (not too hard you want to leave a small amount of wall and not break the skin)
- Add a little parm , then meatballs, then some sauce, and then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place back in the oven on broil until cheese is melted and browning.
- Remove from oven and omg enjoy !!!