Lover of sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese here. This recipe is a crowd pleaser. The wonderful flavors combined in this recipe make me want to lick my plate !!! It isn’t difficult to make and it is worth the little time it takes !! Thank you My Recipes for the suggestion !!!
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not the kind in oil)
- 1 cup boiled water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup shallots finely chopped (use red onion if you cant get shallots)
- 3- 1/2 minced garlic cloves ( about 1 teaspoon jar minced)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 thick chicken breasts
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons water
- Combine boiling water and sun dried tomatoes in a bowl; cover and let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain and finely chop.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup shallots, sugar, and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Spoon into a bowl; stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar.
- Combine chopped tomatoes, shallot mixture, cheese, basil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, stirring well.
- Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture into each pocket. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken from pan; cover and keep warm.
- Add broth, remaining shallots, 2 tablespoons vinegar, and thyme; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water, stirring with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until sauce is slightly thick, stirring constantly. Serve sauce over chicken. And enjoy enjoy !!