I love ceviche, especially on hot days chased by a Corona with lime. It’s heaven. I saw a similar recipe and added my own pizzazz to it and it fabulous for a light lunch or appetizer at dinner. I like tuna from a can and if you do, to this may float your boat 🙂
- 2 fresh Limes
- 2 Tablespoons minced Red Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 (7 oz) can Chunk White Albacore Tuna packed in water
- 1 medium plum tomato, finely diced (no seeds)
- 2 Teaspoons fresh finely chopped Cilantro
- 1 small Jalapeno minced (no seeds)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Tabasco (few drops to taste)
- 2 Avocados either sliced or scooped large ones to use as cups for Ceviche
- In a medium bowl, combine the red onion, pinch of salt, juice of 1 lime and olive oil.
- Mix in the chopped cilantro, jalapeno, drained tuna, tomato, and Tabasco.
- Taste test for more lime or salt and pepper and add according to your taste (I love lime so I use the second lime)
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes to let the flavors blend. To serve, top with fresh sliced avocado, on inside avocado cups, and serve.