Tuna …. ahhh what can say ? Fresh is always better but when Im not living in Florida, the best frozen I can get up north are the bags that are from Sams Club. Believe it or not they are pretty darn good. Not only is this delicious but only 100 calories per taco. So its a win win 😉 This recipe is 2 to 4 servings .
- 4 Tuna Steaks
- 2 Tablespoons of Peanut, Sesame, Canola, or Grapeseed Oil (other oils will burn)
- Small corn tortillas
- A cup or more of red cabbage, chopped thin
For Pineapple Salsa
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple, finely chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (or more if desired)
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- Juice of one Lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional – 1 teaspoon of tequila for zing
- 3/4 cup of Light Sour Cream
- 1/2 Peeled Cucumber ( if you don’t like Cucumber you can use an avocado)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons of Lime Juice
- Dash of Salt and Pepper to taste
- Make the Pineapple Salsa and sauce first. With the salsa you just chop it all up, throw it in a bowl together, and mix well. Cover and put into the fridge.
- The sauce, you just toss ingredients in a food processor, or blender, and blend until it becomes a liquid with cilantro bits. Taste and salt and pepper until you make than …. mmmmm sound.
- Heat the 2 Tablespoons of Oil in a large pan on high until the oil is almost smoking (you don’t want the steaks to touch one another)
- Salt and pepper the steaks a little. (If you like sesame seeds like I do them dredge your steaks through some after you salt and pepper)
- Place the steaks in the hot pan and turn heat to medium. Cook one side for 40 seconds to a minute depending on how much pink you like. Then flip and do the other side the same amount of time. I do about 35 seconds because we like it just a little seared. I also use tongs and quick sear the outer sides, but you don’t have to.
- Place on cutting board and let cool for a minute or so .
- Then slice into pieces that you prefer.
- Heat a dry frying pan or flat pan, up on high heat and warm your corn tortillas.
- Get together your tuna, salsa, chopped red cabbage, and sauce and create a mouth watering, healthy taco !!!