Yep here it is. Ive been saying I am going to post this one for over a year and finally decided to do it. This is the best moonshine recipe I have come up with thus far and every time I make it everyone wants the recipe so here it is. Just remember it is strong even if it tastes good so drink sparingly and be responsible ….. enjoy 🙂
This recipe makes about a gallon and a half. You can use jugs or large mason jars.
- 1/2 gallon apple juice
- 1/2 gallon apple cider
- 4 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 cups 190 proof grain alcohol (such as Everclear®)
- 2 granny apples peeled and cut into slices
- 1 small box of raisins
- sprinkle of cinnamon, white sugar, brown sugar, and a tablespoon of melted butter.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Peel and cut apples into 8 to 10 slices.
- In a bowl add slices, raisins and melted butter, toss to coat, sprinkle some cinnamon, white and light brown sugar on the apples.(be generous with the sugars) Toss well until everything is coated .
- Place onto a foil lined baking dish all spread out.
- Bake for about 6 minutes, stir flip and move around the slices and bake for another 5 minutes. You dont want to bake too long or the apple slices will become too mushy and not hold their shape.
- Remove from oven and set aside for later.
- Bring the apple cider, apple juice, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, white sugar, and brown sugar together in a large pot; reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely. (never add alcohol to the hot mix it changes the flavor and you loss alcohol content)
- Once cooled stir in grain alcohol and the apple slice mixture. Stir well.
- Add to jugs jars or whatever you are using, making sure to get some cinnamon stick and apple slices in every container.
- Chill in fridge for at least 2 days (I make this a week before hand for best results)
- Shake before pouring or sipping.
*note: The apple slices will give off all of their flavor in the drink, so when you get to the end of your moonshine the apple will only taste like pure alcohol …. you have been warned :))
Summer is here again and that means being outdoors hanging at BBQ’s and other “outsy” activities . Now I love ice cold beer straight out of a cooler … but not all the time. You all know its going to bloat you, and after awhile …. well frankly …. you get tired of the same taste over and over. So last summer I learned a new little drink that is fruity, lite, and non-bloaty. (and some of the guys usually have some as well … in a red solo cup of course) Oh and it just screams summer time 🙂 Now Im going to give it to you in 1 drink form … but in my world … I measure it out into a gallon pitcher and just keep pouring it over ice in my glass. I wouldn’t put it in a pitcher with ice and let it melt all day, it will just dilute the flavor of the drink… and no one wants a watered down drink ….enjoy.
3 ounces of White Zinfadel
1 ounce Strawberry Liqueur
2 ounces Cranberry Juice
1 splash of Orange Juice
Fresh quartered Strawberries
Mix together … shake or stir …. pour over ice ….. and kick back. Welcome to summer 🙂
I just was given this recipe and haven’t tried it yet but I have every intention on trying it this weekend…. if I don’t like it (yea right) I will take the post off …. if I like it as much as I like the liquid Lemon Drops then I may have found my new diet 🙂
- 8 large lemons
- 2 packages of lemon Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup lemon Vodka
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup white sugar for dipping
- muffin pan/pans
- Cut the lemons in half, lengthwise and use a spoon to core out the lemons – don’t tear the skins !! (squeeze the pulp and save the juice)
- Boil up 1 cup of water
- In a large bowl combined 1 cup boiling water and 2 boxes of jello together… stir until well dissolved.
- Now add the vodka, lemon juice, and cold water. Stir well.
- Place lemon peels in the muffin pans so you may fill peels up with liquid.
- Fill lemon cup peels to the top but not overflowing.
- Place in fridge for at least 4 hrs to harden.
- Once firm run a sharp smooth knife under hot water and slice lemons to make cute little lemon wedges.
- Place sugar on a plate and dip slices (both sides) in sugar right before giving the shots.
You can do this with limes as well using lime Jello and Lime Vodka …. come on summer !!!!!
Hot summer ? ….. make something new and refreshing. I tried this one and LOVED it 🙂
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cups cranberry-raspberry juice
- 2 cups seltzer
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus 4 wedges for garnish (garnish optional but adorable and delish)
- 6 ounces or (3/4 cup) vodka
- If using fresh raspberries, freeze them in a single layer for about 1 hour (or overnight) before proceeding with Step 2.
- Combine cranberry-raspberry juice, seltzer, lime juice, and vodka in a pitcher. Divide among 4 ice-filled glasses. Garnish with frozen raspberries and lime wedges.
It’s dessert for adults. I don’t know a single person that doesn’t enjoy mudslides. I know there are some out that won’t because they don’t like chocolate. (at least that’s what I hear but I still cant believe it) So make them for yourself or have them ready to make when the girls are coming over…. they are heaven in a glass. Plus a great party starter in the summer after dinner.
This recipe will make 4 glasses.
- 3 fluid oz. of clear Vodka
- 3 fluid oz. of coffee flavored liquor (like Kahlua)
- 3 fluid oz. of Irish Cream (like Emmet’s or Baileys)
- 4 cups crushed ice
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup – with extra for drizzling
- can of whipped cream
- Add ice, liquors, and chocolate syrup to blender.
- Blend until smooth
- Poor in glasses and top off with whipped cream and drizzled chocolate ….. enjoy 🙂
I’m a smoothie lover. When I’m on a boardwalk or at the mall I’m always looking around for the smoothie stands. It’s awful that that charge so much for something so easy and cheap to make. So I now just make them at home and don’t use the mixes with all that sugar. They are great in the summer, and a good way to trick the kids into having something thats actually good for them. You can use whatever fruits you like… Im just a sucker for the strawberry-banana.
- 1-1/2 cup strawberries (you can use frozen but if they are in syrup dont add anymore sugar)
- 1 or 2 bananas – if you like a strong banana flavor then I suggest 2
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (if you have strawberry or banana yogurt that will work just as well)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of sugar or honey
- hand full of ice the amount doesn’t have to be precise
- Place the ice in to bottom of the blender and chop it up for a few seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Blend until smooth – pour- and enjoy 🙂
- If you want to get all fancy about it you can toss some whip cream and a cherry on top and garnish the side with a sliced strawberry… Im just sayin……………. 😉
It’s getting hot … that means it’s time for frozen drink season. Woo-Hoo !!! One of my favorites is a Margarita. Who doesnt like Margaritas ??? If your going to make them yourself at home one tip I’ll give you is never buy the mix.
Here is all you need:
- 6 or 7 oz of Tequila
- 1 – 6oz can of limeade
- 2 or 3 oz of Triple Sec
- pitcher of ice
- lime juice (optional)
- margarita salt (optional)
Here’s what you do:
- Fill your blender almost to the top with ice, if using big cubes blend the cubes up for a few seconds to get them crushed.
- Add all the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- If you like salt then before you pour your drink run some lime juice on the rim and roll the margarita salt on.
If you prefer strawberry Margaritas do the same as above but add 6oz of frozen strawberrys (in syrup)