I’m a smoothie lover. When I’m on a boardwalk or at the mall I’m always looking around for the smoothie stands. It’s awful that that charge so much for something so easy and cheap to make. So I now just make them at home and don’t use the mixes with all that sugar. They are great in the summer, and a good way to trick the kids into having something thats actually good for them. You can use whatever fruits you like… Im just a sucker for the strawberry-banana.
- 1-1/2 cup strawberries (you can use frozen but if they are in syrup dont add anymore sugar)
- 1 or 2 bananas – if you like a strong banana flavor then I suggest 2
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (if you have strawberry or banana yogurt that will work just as well)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of sugar or honey
- hand full of ice the amount doesn’t have to be precise
- Place the ice in to bottom of the blender and chop it up for a few seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Blend until smooth – pour- and enjoy 🙂
- If you want to get all fancy about it you can toss some whip cream and a cherry on top and garnish the side with a sliced strawberry… Im just sayin……………. 😉