Yes…. it’s a mouth full. Just try and say it 5 times fast. I will tell you, the positive side is once you try these, you’ll never make a plain ole chocolate chip blah cookie again. I”ll admit I was skeptic about the bourbon part, because I’m not a fan, but I can say bourbon belongs in this cookie. Take them to a holiday party, serve them at your next dinner or hell make some for the next kids birthday party you go to I’m sure the parents need them 🙂
Ingredients: (makes approx. 3 dozen cookies)
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (1 cup)
- 1 and 1/2 cups of packed dark brown sugar
- 1 full egg and 1 yolk
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 and 1/2 cups of all- purpose flour
- 2 cups milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- parchment paper – (do not use wax paper)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Once the butter is melted continue cooking, (Do not walk away and let it burn) swirling the pan constantly until the butter has reached a deep amber color. Remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for 20 minutes. Now is a good time to preheat the oven to 350 *
- In the large bowl mix together browned butter and sugar, mixing until smooth.
- Add in egg, yolk, bourbon, baking soda and salt mixing until smooth.
- Add in flour until just combined. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Place bowl inside the refrigerator covered for at least 30 min to 1 hour. Remove and stir again.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and using a measuring tablespoon scoop out dough, roll it into a ball and drop dough onto prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. If dough gets sticky return bowl to fridge for a few minutes.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack or slide paper and cookies onto a cool counter top to cool.
- Tip: when storing cookies always make sure they are completely cooled. If putting in baggies place a paper towel inside to absorb moisture. If storing in a container place a small half piece of white bread inside for freshness and to absorb extra moisture 🙂