Lover of sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese here. This recipe is a crowd pleaser. The wonderful flavors combined in this recipe make me want to lick my plate !!! It isn’t difficult to make and it is worth the little time it takes !! Thank you My Recipes for the suggestion !!!
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not the kind in oil)
- 1 cup boiled water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup shallots finely chopped (use red onion if you cant get shallots)
- 3- 1/2 minced garlic cloves ( about 1 teaspoon jar minced)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 thick chicken breasts
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons water
- Combine boiling water and sun dried tomatoes in a bowl; cover and let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain and finely chop.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup shallots, sugar, and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Spoon into a bowl; stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar.
- Combine chopped tomatoes, shallot mixture, cheese, basil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, stirring well.
- Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture into each pocket. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken from pan; cover and keep warm.
- Add broth, remaining shallots, 2 tablespoons vinegar, and thyme; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water, stirring with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until sauce is slightly thick, stirring constantly. Serve sauce over chicken. And enjoy enjoy !!
Chicken Piccata is easy to make and it is so good for being so simple. If you enjoy chicken and lemon this a definite must try. Its also good for anyone staying away from carbs. This dish can have many sides from asparagus, to rice or just a side salad.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- flour for dredging
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons real butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons of capers
- 5 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley * optional*
- Season the flour with salt and pepper, and slice the chicken breasts in half , long ways to get cutlets.
- Dredge the chicken slices in the seasoned flour. Shake off.
- Heat (on medium) the oil, garlic and butter in a heavy frying pan, and add the chicken pieces to the pan.
Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side over medium heat, until the chicken is lightly browned and cooked through.
- Keep the chicken warm while you prepare the sauce by placing it on a plate covered with foil.
- Add the wine to the pan and cook over high heat until reduced by half. This can take up to 10- 15 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and chicken broth to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the butter and using a whisk blend it into the sauce.
- Stir in the capers and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Return all of the cooked chicken to the frying pan, and heat in the sauce.
Serve hot. Enjoy !!
This chicken can be kept as a whole chicken breast or shredded to make tacos, enchiladas,on nachos, or my favorite quesadillias . It has a GREAT flavor and you can add how much hot you desire. I make this all the time. It also freezes well if you make a large amount. I love this stuff …..
- 1 – 16oz jar of your favorite salsa ( fresh salsa can be used but the flavor isnt as strong )
- 1 – package of taco seasoning (mild or hot )
- 2 limes juiced
- 3 tablespoons of fresh chopped cilantro – ( add jalapenos too if you like spicy )
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Thats it !!!
- Place the salsa, taco seasoning, lime juice, and cilantro into a slow cooker, and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts to the bottom, and coat with the salsa mixture.
- Cover the cooker, set to High, and cook until the chicken is very tender, about 4 hours. Or, set cooker to Low and cook 6 to 8 hours. Shred chicken with 2 forks put back in the crock pot juices and stir. Leave on warm for 20 minutes then serve or leave whole and enjoy it with Mexican rice !!
I’ve never been of fan of traditional stuffed green peppers but Poblano peppers I can eat all day. Here is my favorite way to make these little numbers that is healthy and low in calories.
- 4 Large Poblano Peppers
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 large clove of garlic chopped, or 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 pinches of cinnamon (dont be stingy)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken
- 1 to 1 and 1/2 cups brown or wild rice ( you may use quinoa as well)
- 2 cups low fat cheddar- mild or sharp
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- *taco or enchilada sauce optional*
- Place oven rack about 4 inches from the broiler and heat the broiler on high. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Slit the chiles from stem to tip and set on the baking sheet. Carefully clean out seeds, rinse with water. Broil, turning every few minutes, until blackened all over, 5 to 8 minutes. Let cool slightly, peel off the skins. Return the poblanos to the baking sheet. (do not overcook as the pepper will tear very easily)
- Puree the tomatoes, onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp. salt in a food processor. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the purée and cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid has evaporated and the mixture looks thick and pulpy, 8 to 11 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the chicken and rice, and then just 1 cup of the cheese, the cilantro, and the lime juice. Season to taste with salt. Divide the filling among the peppers, wrapping the sides of the peppers up and around the filling, some of which will still be exposed.
- Broil the peppers until the cheese is melting and the top is beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Top with the remaining 1 cup cheese and broil until the cheese is completely melted, about 2 minutes. Remove from oven place on plate and drizzle a sauce if available. Enjoy ….. 🙂
I love salads, and I eat one almost every day. So being creative and learning to make several different kinds is how I stay interested. I dont do the boring “house salad” …. ever. This recipe makes 2 lunch size salads, for dinner salad just add more of all the ingredients.
- 1 large cooked chicken breast cut in strips or cubed
- 2 hand fulls of mixed greens or baby spinach
- 1 Bosc Pear
- 1/4 cup walnut halves, or shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup Gorgonzola Cheese crumbles
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Seedless Raspberry Jam
- Put 2 tablespoons of raspberry jam and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar into a small bowl , whisk until jam has all liquified. (if you like more or less dressing then just adjust using equal parts.)
- Place in microwave for 30 seconds, take out whisk again and set aside.
- Take greens wash, dry, and place into medium bowl .
- Take the pear and cut into slices, then half the slices for smaller pieces. Then add to bowl with greens.
- Add nuts to bowl with greens.
- Take the dressing mixture whisk again, and pour into the bowl and toss well.
- Separate the salad into 2 separate salad dishes.
- Top with chicken and Gorgonzola cheese and serve.
Just tried this a week ago and liked it so much Im making it again today. Thank you Betty for this recipe !!!
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 cups Rice Crispy cereal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1- 1/2 lbs of chicken tenders thawed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 medium carrots cut into long slices (optional)
- 1 cucumber cut into long slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 475*
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl
- Place egg in another bowl and beat well
- Crush rice crispies well by hand or food processor and then mix with oil well until crumbs form and place in separate bowl.
- Coat chick strips first in flour, then with egg, and finally in cereal mix pressing down so it sticks.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake until light golden brown, appox 10-15minutes turning over once halfway through.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl mix together sour cream, mustard, and honey … season with salt and pepper if you like.
- Serve tenders and veggies with honey mustard sauce on the side for dipping …. its awesome 🙂
This is one of our favorite things to eat. It’s quick, it’s not expensive, and it’s delicious. While we were on the boat this winter I made this dish a lot. As a matter of fact just about everytime we were invited to a pot luck dinner it’s what I brought. Another boat that traveled with us began calling it Sanuk pasta (our boat’s name is Sanuk) because they loved it and always new what Sanuk was bringing. It became our trademark dish…lol. Try it sometime …. you wont be disappointed.
- 4 1/2 cups of corkscrew pasta (I have used bowties also when I couldnt find corkscrew)
- 5-6 tablespoons Kerry Gold Garlic Herb Butter or Land O Lakes garlic Butter – (if you cant find them then use 5-6 tbsp of unsalted butter, 2 tbsp of chopped garlic, a little bitty pinch of sugar, and throw in some parsley, and chopped chives)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes-chopped in halves
- 1 (10 oz. package) grilled chickenbreast strips – you can find them near the lunchmeats or in the frozen section at the store. ( or I use 2 cups of rotisserie chicken fresh chopped up )
- 4 or 6 oz oz container of Gorgonzola cheese
- Prepare the pasta following the package instructions and drain
- In a skillet on medium heat place butter , chicken, and tomatoes. Cook for about 3 minutes until chicken is hot and tomatoes are softening up.
- Place well drained hot pasta in a large bowl, sprinkle Gorgonzola cheese on top of the pasta, then add the contents of the skillet on top of the pasta as well.
- Stir up all the ingredients well and serve immediately.