Yep here it is. Ive been saying I am going to post this one for over a year and finally decided to do it. This is the best moonshine recipe I have come up with thus far and every time I make it everyone wants the recipe so here it is. Just remember it is strong even if it tastes good so drink sparingly and be responsible ….. enjoy 🙂
This recipe makes about a gallon and a half. You can use jugs or large mason jars.
- 1/2 gallon apple juice
- 1/2 gallon apple cider
- 4 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 cups 190 proof grain alcohol (such as Everclear®)
- 2 granny apples peeled and cut into slices
- 1 small box of raisins
- sprinkle of cinnamon, white sugar, brown sugar, and a tablespoon of melted butter.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Peel and cut apples into 8 to 10 slices.
- In a bowl add slices, raisins and melted butter, toss to coat, sprinkle some cinnamon, white and light brown sugar on the apples.(be generous with the sugars) Toss well until everything is coated .
- Place onto a foil lined baking dish all spread out.
- Bake for about 6 minutes, stir flip and move around the slices and bake for another 5 minutes. You dont want to bake too long or the apple slices will become too mushy and not hold their shape.
- Remove from oven and set aside for later.
- Bring the apple cider, apple juice, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, white sugar, and brown sugar together in a large pot; reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely. (never add alcohol to the hot mix it changes the flavor and you loss alcohol content)
- Once cooled stir in grain alcohol and the apple slice mixture. Stir well.
- Add to jugs jars or whatever you are using, making sure to get some cinnamon stick and apple slices in every container.
- Chill in fridge for at least 2 days (I make this a week before hand for best results)
- Shake before pouring or sipping.
*note: The apple slices will give off all of their flavor in the drink, so when you get to the end of your moonshine the apple will only taste like pure alcohol …. you have been warned :))