Corn on the cob is here !!! It has to be one of the summers defining foods. It’s just so damn good. I still prefer the boiling method over the grill but I do grill it on occasion. The one thing I don’t like is boring butter. So when I make corn on the cob I feel the need to flavor the butter to give my corn on the cob that extra “HELLO.” I have several butter recipes but this is my personal favorite.
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil leaves ( you can use dried but fresh is much better )
- 2 cloves of garlic (or tablespoon of minced from a jar)
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Put a dab of butter in a small saute pan and cook the garlic for 2-3 minutes to release the flavor.
- Now add all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Smear on the corn and enjoy !!!
This amount covers about 6 ears of corn and in generous portions, I like it to run down my arms 🙂