Once in awhile I crave a rich creamy cheesy seafood dish, and this by far is my favorite. It isn’t difficult to make, you can use shrimp, lobster, crab, or scallops, and doesn’t take much time to make . You wont be disappointed in the flavor either. Enjoy !!
- 2lbs of seafood. You can use just one or all doesn’t matter as long as its around 2 lbs. Shrimp, lobster, lump crab, and scallops. If scallops are large cut in half, if using lobster chop in med size pieces.
- 4 tablespoons of real butter
- 4 tablespoons Sherry- or cooking Sherry
- 5 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese – shredded
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano or Parm cheese. Fresh shredded not the bottled cheese.
- 1 tablespoon of either paprika or old bay seasoning
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 6 tablespoons of flour
- 3 cups whole milk or half and half
- Melt butter in a sauce pan; slowly stir in flour and cook for a minute; add milk or half and half and stir constantly until sauce thicken. Five to 8 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large saute pan and saute the 2lbs of seafood .
- Once the seafood is sauteed add sherry, sharp cheese, and hot cream sauce to the pan and mix well .
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat thoroughly and pour into a 9×9 casserole, pie dish, or individual au gratins.
- Sprinkle top with cracker crumbs, Romano/Parm cheese, and paprika or Old Bay.
- Dot with remaining butter and cook at 350 degrees until golden brown; about 20-25 min.