So … the bacon caught your attention didn’t it ?? It also slightly distracts you from the word salad. Do not let the fact that this sounds healthy fool you. It’s ridiculously delicious and easy to make. Don’t worry about the dressing either …. because you can make your own if you’d like. I’ll post that recipe here on this post as well. It makes a great summer dinner. You can throw some cubed chicken on this puppy as well 😉
Ingredients: (serves two hungry people)
- 4 Cups Baby Spinach
- 8 Slices of Bacon fried till crispy, and then crumbled
- 3 Medium Red Apples of choice, chopped
- *optional* 8 to 10 Strawberries
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 3/4 Cup crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese, or Feta may be used as well.
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 4 Teaspoons Golden or White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- *optional* 1/2 teaspoon Stone Ground Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons of Real Maple Syrup …. you can use the others but its sweeter so be prepared
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix in a small mason jar or anything you have for dressing and shake shake shake …. boom.
Because you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to make a salad , my only instructions will be …. fry that bacon up first and set aside. Mix all the dressing ingredients … shake and refrigerate. Then throw all that good salad stuff together and put as much dressing on as you like. You can always make more ….. and you will because its soooooooo good.