It’s dessert for adults. I don’t know a single person that doesn’t enjoy mudslides. I know there are some out that won’t because they don’t like chocolate. (at least that’s what I hear but I still cant believe it) So make them for yourself or have them ready to make when the girls are coming over…. they are heaven in a glass. Plus a great party starter in the summer after dinner.
This recipe will make 4 glasses.
- 3 fluid oz. of clear Vodka
- 3 fluid oz. of coffee flavored liquor (like Kahlua)
- 3 fluid oz. of Irish Cream (like Emmet’s or Baileys)
- 4 cups crushed ice
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup – with extra for drizzling
- can of whipped cream
- Add ice, liquors, and chocolate syrup to blender.
- Blend until smooth
- Poor in glasses and top off with whipped cream and drizzled chocolate ….. enjoy 🙂
I’m a smoothie lover. When I’m on a boardwalk or at the mall I’m always looking around for the smoothie stands. It’s awful that that charge so much for something so easy and cheap to make. So I now just make them at home and don’t use the mixes with all that sugar. They are great in the summer, and a good way to trick the kids into having something thats actually good for them. You can use whatever fruits you like… Im just a sucker for the strawberry-banana.
- 1-1/2 cup strawberries (you can use frozen but if they are in syrup dont add anymore sugar)
- 1 or 2 bananas – if you like a strong banana flavor then I suggest 2
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (if you have strawberry or banana yogurt that will work just as well)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of sugar or honey
- hand full of ice the amount doesn’t have to be precise
- Place the ice in to bottom of the blender and chop it up for a few seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Blend until smooth – pour- and enjoy 🙂
- If you want to get all fancy about it you can toss some whip cream and a cherry on top and garnish the side with a sliced strawberry… Im just sayin……………. 😉
It’s getting hot … that means it’s time for frozen drink season. Woo-Hoo !!! One of my favorites is a Margarita. Who doesnt like Margaritas ??? If your going to make them yourself at home one tip I’ll give you is never buy the mix.
Here is all you need:
- 6 or 7 oz of Tequila
- 1 – 6oz can of limeade
- 2 or 3 oz of Triple Sec
- pitcher of ice
- lime juice (optional)
- margarita salt (optional)
Here’s what you do:
- Fill your blender almost to the top with ice, if using big cubes blend the cubes up for a few seconds to get them crushed.
- Add all the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- If you like salt then before you pour your drink run some lime juice on the rim and roll the margarita salt on.
If you prefer strawberry Margaritas do the same as above but add 6oz of frozen strawberrys (in syrup)