There are days when I don’t even consider eating breakfast, and then are days when I just love to make it. Pancakes are one of my favorite breakfast foods, they are easy to make and aren’t messy. The box mix just doesn’t have the same taste as homemade… try it for yourself and see what I mean.
- 3/4 cup of milk (you can use whole milk or 2% but I wouldn’t use anything else)
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- cooking spray or spare butter for pan
- 1/3 cup of any fruit can be added (optional)
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for at least 5 min to “sour” the milk. (for those of you that aren’t aware, that is how you make buttermilk)
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk egg and butter in with the sour milk.
- Slowly pour the wet mixture in with the dry mixture until lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet over a medium heat, and coat with cooking spray or lightly with butter.
- Pour about 1/4 cup fulls onto the skillet and flip once bubbles appear on the surface… cook other side until lightly brown.
- Serve right away with butter, syrup, jelly , strawberries and whip cream or whatever you enjoy.