So … the bacon caught your attention didn’t it ?? It also slightly distracts you from the word salad. Do not let the fact that this sounds healthy fool you. It’s ridiculously delicious and easy to make. Don’t worry about the dressing either …. because you can make your own if you’d like. I’ll post that recipe here on this post as well. It makes a great summer dinner. You can throw some cubed chicken on this puppy as well 😉
Ingredients: (serves two hungry people)
- 4 Cups Baby Spinach
- 8 Slices of Bacon fried till crispy, and then crumbled
- 3 Medium Red Apples of choice, chopped
- *optional* 8 to 10 Strawberries
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 3/4 Cup crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese, or Feta may be used as well.
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 4 Teaspoons Golden or White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- *optional* 1/2 teaspoon Stone Ground Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons of Real Maple Syrup …. you can use the others but its sweeter so be prepared
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix in a small mason jar or anything you have for dressing and shake shake shake …. boom.
Because you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to make a salad , my only instructions will be …. fry that bacon up first and set aside. Mix all the dressing ingredients … shake and refrigerate. Then throw all that good salad stuff together and put as much dressing on as you like. You can always make more ….. and you will because its soooooooo good.
This is one of our favorite things to eat. It’s quick, it’s not expensive, and it’s delicious. While we were on the boat this winter I made this dish a lot. As a matter of fact just about everytime we were invited to a pot luck dinner it’s what I brought. Another boat that traveled with us began calling it Sanuk pasta (our boat’s name is Sanuk) because they loved it and always new what Sanuk was bringing. It became our trademark dish…lol. Try it sometime …. you wont be disappointed.
- 4 1/2 cups of corkscrew pasta (I have used bowties also when I couldnt find corkscrew)
- 5-6 tablespoons Kerry Gold Garlic Herb Butter or Land O Lakes garlic Butter – (if you cant find them then use 5-6 tbsp of unsalted butter, 2 tbsp of chopped garlic, a little bitty pinch of sugar, and throw in some parsley, and chopped chives)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes-chopped in halves
- 1 (10 oz. package) grilled chickenbreast strips – you can find them near the lunchmeats or in the frozen section at the store. ( or I use 2 cups of rotisserie chicken fresh chopped up )
- 4 or 6 oz oz container of Gorgonzola cheese
- Prepare the pasta following the package instructions and drain
- In a skillet on medium heat place butter , chicken, and tomatoes. Cook for about 3 minutes until chicken is hot and tomatoes are softening up.
- Place well drained hot pasta in a large bowl, sprinkle Gorgonzola cheese on top of the pasta, then add the contents of the skillet on top of the pasta as well.
- Stir up all the ingredients well and serve immediately.