This is how I over come boring pork chops 🙂
- 4 Thick pork chops
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Flour, salt and pepper for coating
- 3 Tablespoons of honey
- 2 Tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped green scallions
- Pat chops dry with paper towels.
- Mix a little flour, salt and pepper and lightly coat the chops.
- Heat oil on med/high in a large skillet.
- Cook pork chops 6 minutes each side and then place on a plate and cover with foil.
- While chops are cooking add honey, soy, vinegar, and cornstarch in a bowl and mix well , set aside.
- In the same pan with grease , add garlic and cook until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes.
- Then add honey mixture to the skillet and cook 1-2 minutes on med/high until the sauce bubbles and thickens like syrup.
- Spoon over chops, sprinkle with scallions and serve … ta da no more boring pork chops 🙂
Just tried this a week ago and liked it so much Im making it again today. Thank you Betty for this recipe !!!
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 cups Rice Crispy cereal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1- 1/2 lbs of chicken tenders thawed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 medium carrots cut into long slices (optional)
- 1 cucumber cut into long slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 475*
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl
- Place egg in another bowl and beat well
- Crush rice crispies well by hand or food processor and then mix with oil well until crumbs form and place in separate bowl.
- Coat chick strips first in flour, then with egg, and finally in cereal mix pressing down so it sticks.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake until light golden brown, appox 10-15minutes turning over once halfway through.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl mix together sour cream, mustard, and honey … season with salt and pepper if you like.
- Serve tenders and veggies with honey mustard sauce on the side for dipping …. its awesome 🙂