If you have never had spaghetti squash … don’t knock it until you try it. I love it. It is delicious if cooked properly and stuffed with the right stuffs. I made this dish recently and I plan on making this a again and again !! I didnt put specific amounts in this recipes because some people will want more or less and it wont matter how much you add 🙂
- 2 medium spaghetti squash (or just 1 if serving just 2 people)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- your favorite marinara sauce
- your favorite meatballs ( I make mine smaller for this dish )
- Parmesan cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400*
- Cut squash in half. Be careful it has very tough skin. (microwave for 2 minutes if you are having a hard time )
- Scoop out all the seeds and pulp leaving a very thick wall.
- Rub inside and out with olive oil. (Just enough to coat dont go crazy or it will get soggy)
- Generously salt and pepper the squash
- Place on a cookie sheet face up in the oven for 45 minutes (this gives you time to make meatballs:) )
- When done remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. (You MUST let it cool! )
- Take a fork and scrap in all directions to make spaghetti (not too hard you want to leave a small amount of wall and not break the skin)
- Add a little parm , then meatballs, then some sauce, and then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place back in the oven on broil until cheese is melted and browning.
- Remove from oven and omg enjoy !!!
Chicken Piccata is easy to make and it is so good for being so simple. If you enjoy chicken and lemon this a definite must try. Its also good for anyone staying away from carbs. This dish can have many sides from asparagus, to rice or just a side salad.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- flour for dredging
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons real butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons of capers
- 5 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley * optional*
- Season the flour with salt and pepper, and slice the chicken breasts in half , long ways to get cutlets.
- Dredge the chicken slices in the seasoned flour. Shake off.
- Heat (on medium) the oil, garlic and butter in a heavy frying pan, and add the chicken pieces to the pan.
Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side over medium heat, until the chicken is lightly browned and cooked through.
- Keep the chicken warm while you prepare the sauce by placing it on a plate covered with foil.
- Add the wine to the pan and cook over high heat until reduced by half. This can take up to 10- 15 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and chicken broth to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the butter and using a whisk blend it into the sauce.
- Stir in the capers and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Return all of the cooked chicken to the frying pan, and heat in the sauce.
Serve hot. Enjoy !!
Most people already know how to make sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, ect …. but one cookie that is soft and absolutely yummy are Italian Cookies. This type of Italian Cookies are easy and not seen much these days. So I feel it is necessary for me to get the recipe back out there ….. enjoy and Happy Holidays !!!
- 1 cup soft butter (not melted just soft)
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 15 ounces of ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Holiday sprinkles and lots of them 🙂
- In a bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add ricotta and vanilla and blend well.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a separate bowl and mix, then slowly add to the wet mix.
- The final mix will be somewhat sticky.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the mix about 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets or on parchment paper (not wax paper)
- Bake at 350* for 11-12 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Remove to either wire racks or wax paper on counter-top to cool.
- In a bowl cream butter and sugar with the vanilla as you slowly add milk.
- Mix until the icing is spreadable.
- You can now add food coloring to separate small portions or just leave white.
- Once the cookies are cooled, add icing.
- Place sprinkles on a plate and dip the icing side cookies into the sprinkles.
- Store inan airtight container in a cool area or fridge …. or just pour yourself some milk and eat them all 🙂
I don’t know about anywhere else on this planet but I know that here in the Mid-Atlantic in May the heat is starting to go up, and just getting started. So this is the last month for hot comfort food. So it’s time to squeeze in a few favorites before we start melting. As far as Ive seen everyone likes meatballs ( I know I certainly do ! ) …. and here is my favorite way to make them. The best way is in a crock pot. In a slow cooker everything tastes better. Maybe because it slowly cooks flavor into the meat, or maybe it’s because at the end of the day it feels like someone else cooked it. Either way it’s a the best way to make meatballs by far.
I want everyone to always remember to add more of things you like, and less of things you don’t like, ( or don’t have ) recipes are never set in stone…. have just fun with it and enjoy.
You will need:
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef (it doesn’t have to be exact)
- 1 1/4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs (or cube up some bread and add some Italian seasoning)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley- or 2 tablespoons dry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced- or 1tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.25 ounce) can tomato puree
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, onion, and egg. (it always mixes better with fingers) Shape the mixture into 16 meatballs.
- In a slow cooker, mix the spaghetti sauce, crushed tomatoes, and tomato puree. Place the meatballs into the sauce mixture. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- and presto … dinner will be waiting for you later without the mess !!!!!!!!