Corn on the cob is here !!! It has to be one of the summers defining foods. It’s just so damn good. I still prefer the boiling method over the grill but I do grill it on occasion. The one thing I don’t like is boring butter. So when I make corn on the cob I feel the need to flavor the butter to give my corn on the cob that extra “HELLO.” I have several butter recipes but this is my personal favorite.
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil leaves ( you can use dried but fresh is much better )
- 2 cloves of garlic (or tablespoon of minced from a jar)
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Put a dab of butter in a small saute pan and cook the garlic for 2-3 minutes to release the flavor.
- Now add all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Smear on the corn and enjoy !!!
This amount covers about 6 ears of corn and in generous portions, I like it to run down my arms 🙂
It’s getting hot … that means it’s time for frozen drink season. Woo-Hoo !!! One of my favorites is a Margarita. Who doesnt like Margaritas ??? If your going to make them yourself at home one tip I’ll give you is never buy the mix.
Here is all you need:
- 6 or 7 oz of Tequila
- 1 – 6oz can of limeade
- 2 or 3 oz of Triple Sec
- pitcher of ice
- lime juice (optional)
- margarita salt (optional)
Here’s what you do:
- Fill your blender almost to the top with ice, if using big cubes blend the cubes up for a few seconds to get them crushed.
- Add all the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- If you like salt then before you pour your drink run some lime juice on the rim and roll the margarita salt on.
If you prefer strawberry Margaritas do the same as above but add 6oz of frozen strawberrys (in syrup)