If you have never had spaghetti squash … don’t knock it until you try it. I love it. It is delicious if cooked properly and stuffed with the right stuffs. I made this dish recently and I plan on making this a again and again !! I didnt put specific amounts in this recipes because some people will want more or less and it wont matter how much you add 🙂
- 2 medium spaghetti squash (or just 1 if serving just 2 people)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- your favorite marinara sauce
- your favorite meatballs ( I make mine smaller for this dish )
- Parmesan cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400*
- Cut squash in half. Be careful it has very tough skin. (microwave for 2 minutes if you are having a hard time )
- Scoop out all the seeds and pulp leaving a very thick wall.
- Rub inside and out with olive oil. (Just enough to coat dont go crazy or it will get soggy)
- Generously salt and pepper the squash
- Place on a cookie sheet face up in the oven for 45 minutes (this gives you time to make meatballs:) )
- When done remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. (You MUST let it cool! )
- Take a fork and scrap in all directions to make spaghetti (not too hard you want to leave a small amount of wall and not break the skin)
- Add a little parm , then meatballs, then some sauce, and then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place back in the oven on broil until cheese is melted and browning.
- Remove from oven and omg enjoy !!!
Most people aren’t eggplant fans, or they say they aren’t but actually have never tried it. I always have eggplant at the house, that is as long as the stores have good ones available. This recipe is so easy and sooo good. I just made it last night and thought it would make a good post. One tip for anyone not familiar with the big purple shiny balloon-like veg … when picking one out bigger is usually better and never take home a soft, soggy, or bruised one. Now stop giggling and go make dinner 😛
- 1 large or 2 small eggplants, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices.
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1-1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small container of ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups of shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- dash of salt, pepper, and very small pinch of nutmeg
- your favorite spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, dip the eggplant into the beaten eggs, coat with bread crumbs and fry until each side is golden brown. Remove and place on paper towel lined plate to drain.
- In a medium bowl mix the ricotta, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, and all the spices. Mix well.
- Take the eggplant slices and lay out flat, spread a thin layer of the cheese mix on top of the eggplant and then roll up the eggplant from small end first.
- Place all rolled up eggplants in a casserole dish close to one another, pour a line of sauce over each row of eggplant (do not drowned the eggplant with to much sauce) and top off with the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Place in the oven uncovered for 20 minutes.
A side of pasta and garlic bread, or a side of steamed broccoli, go well with this recipe. Enjoy 🙂