Fudge. Well what can I say ? You either love it or your wrong.
I don’t make it often because I usually get it on the boardwalk, or in Candy Shops, visiting quaint little towns. I do know that it is just like having a tiny square of butter and sugar heaven in your mouth. I will make it during the holidays however. This way I get to enjoy it and then give most of it away. Best part is … its just so damn easy to make. A lot easier than cookies …. 😉
- 1 Full Stick Unsalted Butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Pound Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Extra Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 and 1/3 Cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips *optional*
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a large saucepan along with the ground nutmeg. Stir in the brown sugar and milk, removing any lumps, and bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes .
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the vanilla, then the peanut butter. Stir well.
- Put the powdered sugar in a large heatproof mixing bowl. Then, pour the hot peanut butter and sugar mixture on top of the powdered sugar, and beat with a spoon until smooth.
- Pour into an 8×8 inch baking pan, cover the top with parchment, and press down to smooth out the top. Set aside to cool slightly for 10 minutes, then place in the fridge to cool completely.
- If you decided you want Chocolate on top (I know I do) I melt the chocolate chips on low until completely smooth. I chop my fudge in little squares and smear just a little chocolate on top. I also sprinkle a little bit of coarse sea salt on top of the chocolate when I have some. But the peanut butter is also pretty darn tasty without all that jazz.
Had a request for these cookies …. I happen to think these are lovely. Plus the Hersey Kisses remind me of my younger days when I lived in Pa and went to Hersey Park. I intend on making these today …… enjoy !!
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- addition sugar for rolling
- bag of Hersey’s Kisses
- Heat oven to 375*
- Blend butter and peanut butter in a bowl until well blended.
- Add sugars and blend until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla… blend well.
- Slowly combine flour, baking soda, and salt to peanut butter mix.Blend well.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls.
- Then roll those balls in white sugar and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- While waiting for cookies unwrap the kisses … trying not to eat too many of them 🙂
- As soon as you take the cookies out stick a kiss onto the cookie.
- Then remove the cookie from the sheet and let cool.
- Store in a cool place or fridge.
It was a rainy day today and I had an urge to bake. I didn’t feel like running to the store for missing ingredients … so I made what I call “easy” cookies. Very little prep, 3 ingredients and very little clean up = easy cookies. They are sooo good for just the little bit of effort 🙂
- One cup peanut butter (crunchy, creamy doesn’t matter)
- One cup white sugar
- one egg
Yep that’s all you need
- Preheat oven to 350* and line your sheet with parchment paper (which is NOT the same as wax paper) if you dont have it just grease your sheet with cooking spray or a thin film of butter.
- Combine the 3 ingredients until smooth
- Drop spoonfuls of mixture onto the cookie sheet, make criss cross pattern with a folk and bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes on center rack.
- Do not over bake !! They will still seem a little soft but will firm up a tad when they cool. Enjoy !!!