Once in awhile I crave a rich creamy cheesy seafood dish, and this by far is my favorite. It isn’t difficult to make, you can use shrimp, lobster, crab, or scallops, and doesn’t take much time to make . You wont be disappointed in the flavor either. Enjoy !!
- 2lbs of seafood. You can use just one or all doesn’t matter as long as its around 2 lbs. Shrimp, lobster, lump crab, and scallops. If scallops are large cut in half, if using lobster chop in med size pieces.
- 4 tablespoons of real butter
- 4 tablespoons Sherry- or cooking Sherry
- 5 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese – shredded
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano or Parm cheese. Fresh shredded not the bottled cheese.
- 1 tablespoon of either paprika or old bay seasoning
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 6 tablespoons of flour
- 3 cups whole milk or half and half
- Melt butter in a sauce pan; slowly stir in flour and cook for a minute; add milk or half and half and stir constantly until sauce thicken. Five to 8 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large saute pan and saute the 2lbs of seafood .
- Once the seafood is sauteed add sherry, sharp cheese, and hot cream sauce to the pan and mix well .
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat thoroughly and pour into a 9×9 casserole, pie dish, or individual au gratins.
- Sprinkle top with cracker crumbs, Romano/Parm cheese, and paprika or Old Bay.
- Dot with remaining butter and cook at 350 degrees until golden brown; about 20-25 min.
I love scallops … especially the big ones. I love the texture and the mild seafood taste. This I have only made a few times but I like that its quick and simple on top of being tasty 🙂
- 4 -5 pieces of bacon (do not use processed bacon bits)
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds of sea scallops (the bigger the better)
- 1 cup chopped yellow or sweet onion
- 5 garlic cloves sliced or 2 tablespoon minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 12oz of fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- lemon wedges
- *cocktail sauce – optional*
- Cook bacon in a large cast-iron skillet , if not use at least a non stick skillet, over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan; coarsely chop and set bacon aside. Increase heat to high.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Sprinkle scallops evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and sprinkle on the brown sugar.
- Add scallops to drippings in pan; cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer to a plate; cover and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add half of spinach and the chicken broth ; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add remaining half of spinach; cook 2 minutes or just until wilted, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Divide spinach mixture among 4 plates; top each serving evenly with crumbled bacon and scallops. Serve immediately with lemon wedges, and cocktail sauce .