So it’s already October … but the weather hasn’t gotten that cold yet. So I am still enjoying grilling out. Last night I tried a new steak marinade and I loved it. Its great for fall and you don’t need steak sauce. I usually love steak sauce but not with this recipe. Plus it leaves you with an open bottle of wine …. so drink that with your steak 🙂
- 2 inch thick or more steaks (tenderized a little so pound them a bit)
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of rosemary and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 clove of garlic or teaspoon of minced garlic
- Place all ingredients in a large zip lock baggie
- Shake well and then place the steaks in the baggie moving around until covered.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 6 hours.
- Place on the grill and welcome to heaven 🙂
The end to a great summer day is a steak on the grill…. followed by a cold beer. I’ve never made a tough steak, and I’ll tell you my little secrets. Shhhhh…. lol.
You have to beat a steak up and then marinate it for at least an hour before you cook it. Trust me….
There are way to many types of steaks and different sizes to give you exact instructions, but you cant go wrong if you just remove the thawed steak from its wrapping, salt and pepper it well and repeatedly stab both sides. Yes you can use a tenderizer, but frankly I prefer the folk. (Now dont mutilate the steak but give it a good poking.)
- 4 tablespoons of olive or veg oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or powdered garlic
- 1 teaspoon steak rub or Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of either balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Get a gallon zip lock baggie, toss all the ingredients inside, give it a shake, and then place your steaks inside.
- Try to get most of the air out and zip it shut. Squish the steaks around until they have all gotten the marinade on every piece.
- Place in the refrigerator. This amount should do about 2-4 steaks depending on their size. If you need more …. just add more.
- Now marinate for at LEAST one hour, and up to 10hrs but no longer. .( because if you do it longer then 10 hrs the protein starts breaking down turning the steak to mush.)
- Heat up that grill and cook to your liking …. then have a beer for me 🙂 Ahhhh…..summer !!!