Most people really love fresh Caprese salad , so putting it on pizza only makes sense ….. it really is delicious.
These ingredients make two 12 inch pizzas.
- 3 medium fresh room temp tomatoes off the vine
- 2 – 8oz balls of soft fresh mozzarella cheese (every store sells it in the fancy cheese area )
- fresh basil ( if unable to get fresh do not use dried basil, get the paste kind )
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups pizza sauce (optional)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- olive oil
- bottle of balsamic vinegar glaze (optional but very very highly recommended )
- After you preheated oven and cooked your crust for 5 min at 500* let cool. If store bought make sure they are 12 inch , recipe for homemade crust : https://tracyskitchen.wordpress.com/2013/11/10/homemade-thin-pizza-crust/
- Slice tomatoes thin and place on top of a few paper towels and sprinkle with salt to sweat out the water. Press a few paper towels on the top after 5 minutes and lightly press out the extra moisture of the tomatoes until the paper towels only have a scant amount of moisture left.
- After crust is slightly cool drizzle just a little olive oil on the crust and spread it around with your fingers to cover the whole top of the pizza crust. Do not over do it with the oil or crust will get soggy … just coat a very thin layer of oil. ( if you are using basil paste add 1/2 teaspoon to a little bit of oil before you spread it on )
- Sprinkle a little minced garlic around ( or a lot if you like garlic )
- If using sauce apply now, you can use up to a cup of sauce per pizza spreading it around but leaving a 1/2 of dry crust on the edge. ( I use less sauce because I love a crisp crust )
- Slice the fresh mozzarella in thin slices and cover the pizza crust ( this is better with a very sharp knife and gentle sawing motion )
- Chop Basil and sprinkle on top the cheese.
- Place dried tomatoes on top of the basil and cheese and then top with 1/2 cup Shredded mozzarella .
- Put directly on the rack in center of the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown for crispy or brown for extra crispy.
- Take out of oven and let cool for a few minutes before you cut.
Drizzle with the balsamic glaze and enjoy 🙂
Note: In the summer you can cook it on the preheated grill on med , covered for 8 to 10 minutes
Had tacos the other night and always prefer Pico de Gallo to taco sauce. Plus it tastes better, plus I dont have tomatoes diving out of the shell. It takes all of 5 minutes to make and …. Oh I know you dont want to hear that its healthy ….. but it is 🙂
- 1- 1/2 cup for diced tomatoes ( no seeds and chop very small)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- juice of 2 fresh limes
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro
- Mix all ingredients together and store in the fridge for up to a week … yum 🙂
Sounds fancy doesn’t it ? It really isn’t. In Italian it means “Devil Brother”, which just means a spicy brother to spaghetti. I happen to be a shrimpaholic and love to make this from time to time. I don’t like mine too spicy so if you enjoy a fire in your mouth by all means spice it up. I have started the new year off by eating less and eating healthier, in three days I can already see a difference in my energy level and mood. I don’t do diets because they are only a temporary fix. I’m learning that you can eat all the same things just is moderation, and some things are day foods, and some things are night foods. Oh plus I just heard Dr. Oz say we should all drink a glass of red wine every day … good for our digestion, metabolism, mood, heart, and sanity …I can live with that 🙂
- 1 lb large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined ( I often use frozen and just thaw 5 min in water)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 3 garlic cloves chopped, or 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, or 1 teaspoon garlic salt or powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, or 3 tablespoons fresh
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, or 3 tablespoons fresh
- 1 (14.5 ounce can) diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup white wine
- Grated Parmesan cheese(optional)
- 1 lb of fettuccine, linguini, or whatever pasta you desire. ( I am using whole wheat pasta now…. not bad)
- Pat dry the shrimp.Toss shrimp, salt and red pepper flakes is a bowl .
- In a large skillet heat the oil at medium to high. Once hot add shrimp and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp into a bowl but leave remaining oil and juice in skillet.
- Turn heat to medium or lower and add onion, cook about 5 minutes or until transparent.
- Now add tomatoes (with juice), wine, garlic, and oregano . Simmer until sauce thickens a little, should take about 10 minutes.
- Now is a good time to boil up your pasta.
- After the sauce thickens, return shrimp to the mix, and add spaghetti sauce.
- Simmer for about 4 minutes stiring and coating shrimp.
- Remove from heat and let sit a few minutes …. then spoon on to pasta…. sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese and enjoy 🙂
This is one of our favorite things to eat. It’s quick, it’s not expensive, and it’s delicious. While we were on the boat this winter I made this dish a lot. As a matter of fact just about everytime we were invited to a pot luck dinner it’s what I brought. Another boat that traveled with us began calling it Sanuk pasta (our boat’s name is Sanuk) because they loved it and always new what Sanuk was bringing. It became our trademark dish…lol. Try it sometime …. you wont be disappointed.
- 4 1/2 cups of corkscrew pasta (I have used bowties also when I couldnt find corkscrew)
- 5-6 tablespoons Kerry Gold Garlic Herb Butter or Land O Lakes garlic Butter – (if you cant find them then use 5-6 tbsp of unsalted butter, 2 tbsp of chopped garlic, a little bitty pinch of sugar, and throw in some parsley, and chopped chives)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes-chopped in halves
- 1 (10 oz. package) grilled chickenbreast strips – you can find them near the lunchmeats or in the frozen section at the store. ( or I use 2 cups of rotisserie chicken fresh chopped up )
- 4 or 6 oz oz container of Gorgonzola cheese
- Prepare the pasta following the package instructions and drain
- In a skillet on medium heat place butter , chicken, and tomatoes. Cook for about 3 minutes until chicken is hot and tomatoes are softening up.
- Place well drained hot pasta in a large bowl, sprinkle Gorgonzola cheese on top of the pasta, then add the contents of the skillet on top of the pasta as well.
- Stir up all the ingredients well and serve immediately.